What is the Borderlands Avian Data Center?
The Borderlands Avian Data Center (BADC) is a regional node of the Avian Knowledge Network (AKN). BADC is a partnership of people and organizations working to improve bird and habitat conservation in the southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico. BADC brings together researchers and managers to coordinate bird-monitoring efforts. It provides a platform for data organization, sharing and coordination of standardized monitoring efforts, as well as data analysis and visualization tools.
Our goals are to:
- Provide access to the best available science and monitoring data to facilitate landscape-level planning and answer conservation questions
- Promote and encourage coordinated bird monitoring across the landscape
- Encourage standardization of bird monitoring protocols
- Facilitate communication and open, collaborative partnerships
- Train and teach about monitoring design
- Archive monitoring data and metadata